I promised a list of the websites I mentioned in my talk at the HTC on Wednesday. Instead of putting my own list together, I defer to the master: Ari Braginsky. This google doc is where I found most of the sites that I follow daily:
It’s a huge list, so I’ll give you a few must haves.
- Mobile Orchard is a great iPhone Development Blog. There’s lots of great info there, and a pretty good podcast as well.
- Games from Within – Noel Llopis writes about his experiences as an indie iPhone game developer.
- Jeff LaMarche’s iPhone Development Blog – Jeff wrote the Apress book Beginning iPhone Development, and his blog is one of the best places to get started with OpenGL ES on the iPhone, especially if you don’t have any OpenGL experience.
- 148Apps.biz – All about the business of developing iPhone apps. It’s also the home of the app store metrics.
- TouchArcade is a great iPhone game review site, and a lot of developers are active in the forum there.
- iPhone Developers on Twitter is a community maintained Google spreadsheet where you can find the Twitter handles of thousands of iPhone developers.
These three iPhone analytics companies also blog metrics periodically:
Thanks again for the great class and all these links!
Thanks for including Mobile Orchard! We appreciate it 🙂
Sure, Dan. I read Mobile Orchard every day. 🙂
I’m also looking forward to your 360|iDev presentation.
Morning, I’m enjoying you session right now on Core Animation and checking your site out. Do I need special access to the iphone resources google doc? I get an error saying I don’t have access. Thanks again for the awesome session.
It’s not my doc, and it looks like the author took it down. 🙁
I’m glad you enjoyed the talk. Keep an eye on github for some more code samples.
Correction. Ari just moved the google doc. I’ve updated the link in the post.